As massage therapists we are trained in a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene. Some additional measures I have taken as part of my COVID-19 response plan are as follows:
- My massage tables are covered with a wipeable PVC cover which is disinfected after each client.
- I use a no-contact forehead thermometer to take the temperature of each client before they enter the treatment room. I also monitor my own temperature throughout the day.
- I, and each client wear a mask for the duration of their time in the centre.
- Each client sanitises their hands, as I do mine, upon entry to the building.
- Each client reads a pre-screening and COVID-19 Response Plan detailing policies and procedures before arriving for their appointment. They then sign a consent form checking again for symptoms and confirming their understanding of the risk of contracting COVID-19 on the premises.
- Cleaning protocol is recorded on daily check lists for start of day and end of day treatment room cleaning and disinfecting, as well as between client disinfecting.
- Contact tracing information is recorded and will be provided to the HSE or HSA if requested.
- A separate set of fresh laundry is, as always, provided for each client and laundry is carefully handled and washed and dried with heat.
- I have completed an 8 hour home-study course in 'Preventing Disease Transmission in a Massage Practice' from the Freedom from Pain Institute and Massage Mastery Online.